I was working on an audiobook, and occasionally, I'll have instances where my voice just doesn't sound right. Yesterday was one of those times. In addition, I kept tripping up over the sentences, using at least 2-3 takes per sentence. For the record, usually, I can nail quite a bit of story in the first take, so this was driving me nuts.
Next thing, my voice was sounding a little scratchy. Nothing a little tea can't take care of. That actually helped, but was still stumbling. So I took a break.
(1 hour elapses)
Back to work. Same thing. So, all in all, I managed to invest about 3 hours of work to get around 45 minutes of work done.
Today will be better.